Monday, March 5, 2012

Writing and Photography

When I began writing articles, I discovered photos are vital. Since I was the one who always cut everyone's heads off in family pictures, I figured I was doomed. But with a lot of practice, I have taken several award-winning pictures.  This photo won 1st place at the recent Ozark's Writers League annual Art and Photography Show.  No one was more surprised than I, because there was some beautiful work on display this year. I honestly didn't think I had a chance.

6 comments:

  1. I always love your photographs, Brenda. You have a good eye for capturing beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, Thanks so much, and thanks for leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Brenda. It's a wonderful photo, so evocative and timeless.
    Congratulations! How blessed you are to be a talented writer and photographer.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, Thank you so much. I am very blessed to be able to enjoy what I love to do. My wonderful husband was very patient when we were on vacation last fall. I took oodles of pictures. I made him stop the car so I could get this photo.
      Brenda

      Delete
  4. Brenda, there were many excellent photos, but yours had that beautiful ethereal look I love so much. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Madison. I was very honored.
      Brenda

      Delete