Monday, March 19, 2012

Fodder for thought and stories

Last Friday evening I helped judge a beauty contest for little girls. A totally new experience gave me lots of ideas. The mind is running amok.
I also decided to plant some bulbs last week and unfortunately dug into some poison ivy. I know what the stuff looks like when it has leaves, but all I dug into was roots. Now I have a serious rash and more fodder for a story. If only I could stop scratching long enough to write.
Write what you know. Well, I know I don't enjoy poison ivy. The next short story may be a doozy.
Keeping it short today. But look for another blog very soon. I am expecting a wonderful surprise and can't wait to blog about it.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, no! Poison ivy is the worst! Get better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just keeps spreading. Thank goodness I don't have anything too major this week.
      Brenda

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a busy weekend!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Busy and fun, except for the itching. There were 52 little girls in the contest. I'm just glad there were 4 other judges. I wouldn't want all that responsibility. Loved your St. Pat's picture.
      Brenda

      Delete
  3. Oh, I had a similar thing happen years ago. I don't remember having seen the poison ivy in the garden but I do remember the itch. Hope it's already getting better, Brenda.

    ReplyDelete